The 200 Series Maguire Weigh Scale Blenders can be applied to meet the requirements of a variety of blending applications. With through-puts up to 900 lb/hr (400 kg/hr) these models have the flexibility to be applied on-the-throat for medium sized throughput applications, next to the machine for easy access or on a specialized stand for central blending. These models have the capability of blending up to 8 components and are available with lightweight removable hoppers for fast, easy clean-out.
The machine is self-calibrating, never needs adjustment for accuracy, and achieves an overall precision of 0.1% of specified blend. Proprietary microprocessor-control technology monitors and confirms the individual weight of each material component (natural, regrind, color, and additive). Any variation that may have occurred in the actual weights of any components is detected and compensated for. This provides for a continuous process of calibration and correction, assuring extreme accuracy of the blending process. The controller also compensates for use of any previously colored regrind, reducing in accordance the amount of color to be dispensed.
- 12 models available
- 900 lb/hr (400 kg/hr)
- 2 kg batch (4.4 lb)
- Up to 8 components
- For injection molders, small extruders and central blending
How It Works
All components are blended by weight based on the setting shown on the master controller. Each component is dispensed separately into a single weighing chamber, and then all components are dropped into a continuous mixing chamber which delivers a homogenous blend.
The entire unit is designed to mount over the feed throat of the process machine. Maguire’s unique weighing method allows blenders to operate correctly in spite of vibration or shaking caused by the molding machine or extruder.
- All Materials Metered By Weight
- Accuracy is constantly monitored.
- Automatic compensation for varying densities.
- Extreme Accuracy
- In actual operation, color and additive is held to within 1/10 of 1% of requested ratio.
- Automatic Recalibration
- Every batch is followed by an error correction routine that continuously hunts toward perfect dispense weights.
- Direct Setting of Percentages; No calculations
- Enter settings for percentage of color, additive, and regrind on the thumbwheel switches and the system does the rest.
- Very Simple Operation
- Load hoppers with material; REGRIND, NATURAL, COLOR, ADDITIVE.
- Set thumbwheel switches for percentage desired.
- Turn controller on.
- The unit now operates automatically, adding components in the proper percentages. If material runs out an alarm will sound.
Model Batch Size Components Slide Gates Vertical Valves/
Capacity Overall Dimensions Overall Weight WSB-200 2 kg WSB-220 2 2 0 32.5×26.5×42 (in) 220lb/100/kg WSB-221 3 2 1 826x673x1067 (mm) 260lb/118kg WSB-222 4 2 2 300lb/136kg up to 900 lb/hr WSB-240 4 4 0 (up to 400 kg/hr) 230lb/105kg WSB-241 5 4 1 270lb/123kg WSB-242 6 4 2 41.5x28x46 (in) 310lb/141kg WSB-240R 4 2 2 255lb/116kg WSB-260 6 6 0 260lb/120kg